October 11, 2005

I wish I was a Bene Gesserit.


Where's your stillsuit? Posted by Picasa
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that
brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me
and through me.
And when it has gone past I
will turn the inner eye to see it's
path.
Where the fear has gone there
will be
nothing.
Only I will remain.
-The Litany Against Fear
"Dune"
Frank Herbert
I like this little litany a lot. I think it sort of sums up the proper attitude towards life. Why be afraid? What's the worst that could happen, death? ennui? maiming? Hell, life's too short to be scared.

1 Comments:

Blogger Clint said...

This is one of my most favorite books ever. The litany has gotten me through many a test.

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home