June 02, 2005

Jack Attack!


Jack Attack!

This is Wolfman Jack, the newest member of our household. I've been begging my boyfriend for a puppy since we moved in together. David has a beautiful (and deadly) cat named Bob. I love Bob, but what can I say, I've always been a dog person. Cats expect you to obey their biddings and tell them how pretty they are, a dog just wants to love you. Jack is like all puppies, a little naughty, a lot nice. There is a constant stream of "No puppy, get down, go potty, get down, no biting, drop it, get down, good dog, get down, no, drop it, get down" which alternates with "Kitty kitty, be nice kitty, puss puss, no kitty, get down". The dog is either going to think his name is kitty kitty or get down. I'm trying really hard to be a good puppy parent. I don't want to raise some neurotic, depressed, snarky dog... which is tough because they say dogs are like their owners.
I love him best in the mornings, at lunch and in the evenings. I come home from work and Jack and David are both so happy to see me. It's a really nice feeling to walk in and have everyone be excited. The most fun I've had in the last two weeks has been walking Jack with David. We go to the park, he digs, he runs up to strangers... he's really a little whore for attention.
I guess the moral of the tale is this: get a puppy. It's hellish hard work, but o' so worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home